Here's how we're
DOING OUR BIT
Our lovely Earth needs help, and it's the only one with beaches. These are our actionable steps to a more planet-friendly future for the benefit of everyone. And now we're a B Corp, we've got proof that we're making the world brighter...
Our sustainability values
- We use 100% recycled plastic bottles to create our products. We breathe new life into discarded plastic, turning it into towels and other useful products that last a lifetime. One towel bought = 22 fewer bottles in our oceans.
- Our shipping packaging is fully biodegradable, and we take steps to ensure that we don't use excess cardboard or filler.
- We maintain a fair, equal & ethical working environment, aligned with the values that make us proud to be a B Corp.
- We support charities we love & care about to improve the world around us. We donate and shout about these incredible causes who, like us, share the same mission of making the world brighter.
- We aim for our supply chain to be carbon neutral by the end of 2024. We’re currently reviewing the overall footprint of our supply chain so we can offset our emissions whilst making improvements for the future.
You better B-Lieve it
We're B Corp Certified!
What a time to B alive.
But what does B Corp mean? Beach Corp? Bright Corp? Bay Corp? Close (not close at all) - it means that we’re a better business, because our priorities are to exist to the highest social and environmental standards for both people and the planet. Basically, we aren’t simply about making a profit, we’re about making a difference for the benefit of everyone and the Earth.
Not only are we committed to making our products from 100% recycled plastic bottles, while reducing our carbon footprint, we also hit the highest standards of caring for our community. Achieving this means we meet high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
We’ve joined an elite list of brands making a difference, so we’re quite proud of ourselves. This is a huge step towards our mission of making the world brighter - now we’ve got the badge to prove it. Keep your eyes peeled for future B Corp-related activities!
Every single one of our products is made from 100% recycled materials. More specifically - plastic. It’s shredded, then woven into the lovely material that makes all of our product.
Here’s a handy chart to show you the process:
We show our support to charities we love and care about, who share the same vision as us of making the world brighter. We make regular donations to foundations such as Stonewall and The Red Cross. In total, since 2015, we've donated over £250k to those who need it most.
We also give a percentage of profit from specially-designed towels to these charities' amazing work. Our latest charity collab for 2023 is supporting The Hunger Project with towels designed by London-based artist Eloisa Henderson-Figueroa! Over 800 million people currently don't have enough to eat, so we're donating a percentage of the profit from each towel to help THP give hungry people the tools they need to feed themselves.